When you split an order, you divide a single order into two, and take the items for the new order from the original order, which is retained minus the items added to the new order. You can split orders from your sales channels, but you cannot split manual orders entered directly through Skubana.
One example where splitting an order makes sense is if an item in the order is out of stock. In this case, to start fulfillment without waiting for the item to be back in stock, the order may be split into two separate orders, with one order having the items in stock and ready for shipment, and another with the out of stock item. The first order can then be fulfilled immediately, while the second order is fulfilled as soon as stock becomes available.
*This can be accomplished by using an orderbot. The "Split Order by Available Stock" is available as an orderbot action.
To split an order, follow the procedure below.
1. On the Toolbar, click Orders.
2. Look for the order you want to split using the Search panel on the left.
For more details on how to search for orders, see Searching for Orders.
3. On the Orders panel in the middle, highlight the order, then click Edit.
4. Click Split Order.
5. On the Split Order window, the original order is displayed on the left side, and the new order on the right side. Enter the quantity of items for the new order (these will be deducted from the original order) on the right side.
6. Click Save to close the Split Order window, and add the new order to the Orders module.