Skubana offers out-of-the-box integration with various shipping providers, e.g. DHL eCommerce, UPS Mail Innovations, Express 1, UPS, and Fedex.
For general instructions on adding a shipping provider to Skubana, see Adding Shipping Providers.
In this article, we discuss the steps for adding DHL eCommerce as a shipping provider in Skubana.
1. On the New Shipping Provider window, select DHL eCommerce from the list of shipping providers.
2. On the Choose DHL eCommerce Integration Account Type page, you will be given the option to use your current DHL eCommerce account or open a new one.
If you choose to use your existing DHL eCommerce account, go to Step 3.
If you choose to open a new DHL eCommerce account, skip to Step 4.
3. On the DHL eCommerce Integration window, enter your DHL eCommerce account number and passphrase, then click Verify Integration.
4. On the DHL eCommerce Integration window, enter the required personal information, then your credit card number.
5. A popup window opens, asking you to verify your credit card. Click Verify, then wait for the system to finish the verification process.
6. Enter your billing information, then click Next.
7. On page 2 of the DHL eCommerce Integration window, enter your DHL eCommerce account's security information, check the box to certify that all the info you provided is accurate and true, check whether you want to enable Pay-On-Use Return Labels, then click Verify Integration.
NOTE: You need to notify your Endicia account representative if you want to utilize Pay-On-Use return labels. For more info on Endicia's Pay-On-Use return labels, click here.
After successfully integrating DHL eCommerce with Skubana, you will be taken back to the Shipping Provider page, where you will see DHL eCommerce added to your list of shipping providers.