Skubana's Orders module allows you to enter your orders manually into the system. Once you're done entering the orders, you may export the data in preparation for transmission to your warehouse's FTP server. The file containing your order data, once received by the warehouse after FTP transmission, can then be uploaded into their system, easing the fulfillment process.
To Set Up Orders Export
1. On the Toolbar, click Settings.
2. On the left sidebar, click Warehouse.
3. Click the wrench, or settings, icon to the right of the warehouse name, then click Communication Settings.
4. Click the Orders Export tab.
5. On the File Configuration section on the top left, select the file format and structure of your export file, enter the file's name and folder path, then select either Multi-line or Delimited in the Multi SKUs field.
For a more detailed explanation of the fields under the File Configuration section, see the following table.
Excel, CSV, and text files are supported. XML and EDI are not supported.
(describes the style in which the file’s header is created)
Fixed: always has the same exact order for the file header, e.g. Column A is Order Number while Column B is Customer Name. That will never change.
In a fixed file, the header name may not be required.
Flexible: means that the order of the headers can change. In one file, the order number may be in column A, in the next it might be in column D.
In a flexible file, the header name is always required.
|File Name||The specific file name required to read the file||No|
|Folder Path||The name of the folder path where the order file will be placed. Ex. /Orders||Yes|
(if there is more than one line item in the order, how should it list out the order?)
Multiline: the SKUs will be split into multiple lines with the same information regarding the order, except for the item, e.g. SKU, item unit cost.Delimited: the order will remain in one line using the delimiting character provided; the SKU and QTY portion will delimit by that character.
6. On the Daily Schedule section, add a run time for the automatic export of the order data out of Skubana and into a file. You may add as many run times as you want.
7. On the Export Fields section, map the available data from Skubana into your supplier's required file format. This ensures that the orders export will be error-free.
For the fixed file structure configuration, if column headers are required, make sure to check the Include column headers box.
8. Optionally, click Download File Preview to download a sample file with your saved settings. This allows you to review the file and make adjustments, if necessary.
9. Click Save.
You can then set up your shipments import. For more details, see To Set Up Shipments Import.