By setting up Channel Allocations for your products, you can tell Skubana how much of your available stock to show to each of your sales channels.
This is not only a great way to avoid overselling, but also a great way to give customers a sense of urgency to buy. Strategically limiting the available quantity can creating a perception of scarcity, causing the customer to buy now.
Allocation rules can be set up for products individually or in bulk on a global level.
To set up Channel Allocations, head over to the Inventory module by using the Skubana toolbar on the upper part of the screen.
- From the center Product Stock pane, click the ( Bulk Edit ) dropdown button and select either Core Product Allocation Rules or Kits/Bundles Allocation Rules.
- From the popup window, the Channel Allocation tab should be selected.
From under the Channel Allocation tab, you can decide how much of your available inventory to allocate to your listings across each of your sales channels.
- Select a sales channel then click the dropdown menu and choose whether to allocate a percentage of your available stock (% of Available) or to set the maximum stock quantity to allocate (Max Allocation), when warehouse stock quantities are above the Min. Level.
- Based on your Rule Type, set the Value field to either a percentage or a numerical value.
Setting the Value to 100% of Available will show your entire available stock to the sales channel.
Alternatively, setting the Max Allocation Value to 100, will show a quantity of 100 to the sales channel.
- Using the Min. Rule Type and Min. Value, choose whether to allocate a percentage of your available stock or to set the maximum stock quantity to allocate, when warehouse stock quantities are below the Min. Level.
Setting the Value to 1% of Available will show only 1% your available stock to the sales channel.
Alternatively, setting the Max Allocation Value to 1, will only show a quantity of 1 to the sales channel.
- Once your allocation rules are set for each sales channel, click Save.