Using Channel Allocation and Auto-Reorder rules are perfect ways to ensure that you don't run out of stock of your product and oversell.
By setting up Channel Allocations for your products, you can tell Skubana how much of your available stock to show in each of your sales channels.
This is not only a great way to avoid overselling, but also a great way to give customers a sense of urgency to buy. Strategically limiting the available quantity can create a perception of scarcity, causing the customer to buy now.
Allocation rules can be set up for products individually or in bulk on a global level.
To set up Channel Allocations, head over to the Inventory module by using the Skubana toolbar on the upper part of the screen.
- From the center Product Stock pane, click on a Master SKU to open the Inventory Rules for that product.
- From the Inventory Rules popup, click Channel Allocation.
From under the Channel Allocation tab, you can decide how much of your available inventory to allocate to your listings across each of your sales channels.
- Select a sales channel then click the dropdown menu and choose whether to allocate a percentage of your available stock (% of Available) or to set the maximum stock quantity to allocate (Max Allocation), when warehouse stock quantities are above the Min. Level.
- Based on your Rule Type, set the Value field to either a percentage or a numerical value.
Setting the Value to 100% of Available will show your entire available stock in the sales channel.
Alternatively, setting the Max Allocation Value to 100, will show a quantity of 100 in the sales channel.
- Using the Min. Rule Type and Min. Value, choose whether to allocate a percentage of your available stock or to set the maximum stock quantity to allocate, when warehouse stock quantities are below the Min. Level.
Setting the Value to 1% of Available will show only 1% your available stock in the sales channel.
Alternatively, setting the Max Allocation Value to 1 will only show a quantity of 1 in the sales channel.
- Once your allocation rules are set for each sales channel, click Save.