Amazon has made updates to their Acceptable Use and Data Protection policies, specifically as they relate to Personally Identifiable Information, or “PII”. In order to stay compliant with these policies, Skubana is required to update the way that historical data from Amazon is stored.
What is "PII"?
Amazon defines PII as “information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate an individual (e.g., Customer or Seller), or to identify an individual in context.”
What you need to know:
- The changes apply to FBM and FBA orders.
- As a general rule, all order data will be retained in Skubana for at least 30 days.
- This applies only to shipped orders that have been shipped at least 30 days prior. If an order has not yet been shipped, was not shipped 30+ days ago, or is not an Amazon order, it will not be affected.
- After 30+ days post-shipment, you will not be able to access your customer information in the regular locations: Customers Module where your Amazon customers will no longer be associated with other orders placed on other channels, Analytics Module's Customers section, Orders & Shipments Modules.
- After February 5th, all historical PII data for Amazon orders that have been shipped at least 30 days ago will be redacted from Skubana. This includes:
All address fields on orders from buyers, including zip code, state, and country
Order edit history entries containing customer information
Customer names, emails, and addresses from the Customers module.
Here are all the specific fields that will be redacted. Please note that the Ship State will default as KS
Order Edit History containing:
Customer phone numbers,
Customer edit histories
Ship address (all lines),
Ship zip code,
The following are examples of what Amazon orders will look like in Skubana after PII data is redacted:
Returns and RMAs for Amazon Orders
Once PII is redacted for Amazon orders, users will not be able to create RMAs specifically with return shipping labels generated. RMAs can still be created if the option to generate a return shipping label is not selected.
RMAs can be created in Skubana for orders before PII is redacted. Once PII is no longer available for an Amazon order, an RMA can still be created, but the option to generate a return shipping label will not be available as the Ship From information would be invalid (see the preview images above).
If you would still like to record your Amazon order returns in Skubana, the best course of action is to ensure this is done before the 30+ day-age mark. After PII has been redacted, the only options to generate a return shipping label in Skubana would be to create a manual order after referencing Seller Central for a recipient's shipping address, marking it as shipped, adding inventory back, and then creating an RMA for that manual order.