With the Shopify product deletion webhook set up, if a product is deleted in Shopify and then re-listed under the same SKU, Skubana will automatically capture the new product ID. This allows for a more seamless update to your product so that inventory updates are not interrupted.
How it Works
If the new listing is not posted within two hours of its deletion, Skubana will stop attempting to try to refresh the channel listing ID and not push inventory until an actual inventory change occurs.
For example, if a product is deleted and not relisted within two hours, Skubana will stop attempting to push inventory to a listing. If an inventory change occurs for the Listing SKU 5 hours later, then Skubana will reattempt to push inventory and refresh the channel listing.
How to set up the Product Deletion Webhook
- Log into your Shopify store > go to Settings > Notifications
- Scroll down to the bottom where the “Create webhook” button is and click it
Add the Product Deletion webhook
- Event: Product Deletion
- Format: JSON
- URL: https://app.skubana.com/shopify/products/delete
- Webhook API version: The "Latest" option
- Save webhook
After saving the webhook:
- Copy the signature (65 characters) from Shopify located just below your webhooks list
- Go back to your Skubana account > Settings > Sales Channels > Select your Shopify integration > Edit
- Navigate into the Connections tab > Edit Integration and check the box for "Enable Webhooks"
- Paste the Signature from your Shopify account
- Click the Launch Shopify Authorization button.