The custom product field is a new tab where you can see in the Products Configuration Window. This is not something that Skubana uses internally, it’s only for users if you want to add an extra piece of data about the product. The fields are completely customizable.
- Go to the Products Module ➜ Click on the Master SKU
2. In the Products Configuration window, you will now see a new tab - Fields
3. Here, you’ll be able to add custom fields into your product attributes. Ex: Fragile, Contains Liquid, Contains Dirt, etc.
How to Add a New Custom Field
- Click on Configure Field Types.
2. Click on +New Field Type ➜ Double-click the field to edit ➜ Add the name of the custom field ➜ Description ➜ Indicate if it’s a “Required” field or not ➜ Save
Note: This table is going to be empty the first time. And everything you add here is going to be accessible across all products.
Note: If you mark the field as required, then any product you add this field to must have a value. Otherwise, you won’t be able to save the product.
3. Once saved, you will now see it as one of the options in the +Add Field Section
NOTE: You can only add the field once, you cannot have two fields in one product that contains the same value.
4. You have the option to deactivate the fields by clicking on the “Deactivate” button.
NOTE: When you deactivate the field and Save, that doesn’t remove it from the products that already have it. That only removes it from being able to get added to another product.
NOTE: But, if you deactivate a field and remove it from the list of fields, then it will no longer show as an option for that product and any other products.
5. You also have the option to reactivate a previously deactivated field. Click on “Show Inactive” ➜ Select the Field ➜ Activate
NOTE: Adding a field into your product will not create a new column under your Products view, however, you still can see whether a field has been added or not without clicking the Master SKU and that would be found in the Product Details section at the lower right corner of your Products Module.