This article reviews how to configure ETD in your Skubana account if you have at least one FedEx account set up in Settings>Shipping Providers.
⚠️ NOTE: To utilize ANY aspect of FedEx ETD, you must have it enabled in your FedEx account.
⚠️NOTE: ETD is for international orders ONLY.
- Go to Settings > Shipping Providers > Configure ETD:
2. Upload both Signature and Letterhead images - having both on file will help prevent potential issues down the line if one image is ever required but not on file.
⚠️ Note: Uploading these images is required if you will request FedEx to generate ETD forms. You can still use this feature without uploading them if you will only ever be uploading custom documents.
3. Once the Signature and Letterhead images have been added and you're ready to submit ETD for an international order, click "Configure ETD Documents" under the Customs tab for the order you want to submit ETD for.
**Please note that you will only see "Configure ETD Documents" if the provider is able to perform ETD.** Currently, this is only available for FedEx.
4. Select which documents you need and choose the preferred option from the dropdown.
Example of Upload Custom:
Example of Request Provider to Generate:
5. Once the documents have all been uploaded or generated, press "Save." A checkmark next to the document options means that it is enabled on the order. Note that if you chose to upload Custom Documents, those are sent to FedEx when you click save. If you are requesting that FedEx generate the documents, Skubana will communicate that to FedEx once the order has been shipped.
6. You will be able to see that a Commercial Invoice has been added to the order in the Order History:
NOTE: There is an orderbot action for ETD called "Set Customs Document On Order." This will allow you to automate the ETD documents you want to be generated for specific orders. If the orderbot is applied, it will add the customs document to the order with the "Request Provider to Generate" option. The orderbot will not add a customs document with the "Upload Custom" option. Even if the order filter is fulfilled, if Skubana detects that it is not an international order, it will not add the document.
Additionally, you still need to add customs declaration information to the international order as per usual.