Our Shopify cancellation webhook integration will allow your Shopify order in Skubana to automatically cancel when the original order is cancelled in Shopify.
To set up the Cancellation Webhook:
- ⚠️ WARNING: Webhooks are not retroactive, so if they were not configured properly at the time of an event in Shopify, the event will not apply in Skubana.
- ⚠️ WARNING: If you fail to finish setting up the Cancellation options in Skubana for this webhook, it will not apply whatsoever.
- Log into your Shopify store > go to Settings > Notifications
- Scroll down to the bottom where the “Create webhook” button is and click it
Add the Cancellation webhook
- Event: Order cancellation
- Format: JSON
- URL: https://app.skubana.com/shopify/orders/cancel
- Webhook API version: The "Latest" option
- Save webhook
After saving the webhook in Shopify:
- Copy the signature (65 characters) from Shopify
- Go back to your Skubana account > Settings > Sales Channels > Select your Shopify integration > Edit
- Navigate into the Connections tab > Edit Integration and check the box for "Enable Webhooks"
- Paste the Signature from your Shopify account
- Select the order statuses you want to be able to be cancelled and authorize with Shopify by clicking the Launch Shopify Authorization button.
- ⚠️ Note: If you do not select any order statuses to be allowed to cancel with the webhook, then the webhook will take no action and no orders will be cancelled. Essentially, if an order is in one of the indicated statuses, the webhook will automatically cancel the order in Skubana if it is cancelled in Shopify. If an order is not in one of the indicated statuses, then it will remain there and not automatically cancel.