Skubana offers out-of-the-box integration with various sales channels.
For general instructions on adding a sales channel to Skubana, see Adding Sales Channels.
In this article, we detail the steps for adding your Magento store as a sales channel in Skubana.
To Add a Magento Store as a Sales Channel
- On the New Sales Channel popup, select Magento.
- Follow the instructions on the Magento Instruction page. First, log on to your Magento Admin console, then go to System>Web Services> SOAP/XML-RPC - Users.
- Click Add New User button and create a new user for Skubana. Make sure to save and keep the new username and API Key (as you will need them later).
- Be sure to assign an all access SOAP/XML-RPC role to the Skubana user. If the role does not exist, go to System>Web Services>SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles and create the role.
- Return to Skubana and go to Settings>Sales Channels>New Channel>Magento.
- In the Magento integration window, enter the username and API key you were given in step 5 above, enter your Store URL domain (in the form http[s]://www.<your_store>.com), and choose your Magento version from the box. Leave the default values in the Store Configuration section as-is.
- Click Verify Integration to test and confirm that Skubana's connection with your Magento store is working.
Once integration is completed, you will see Magento added to your sales channels.
NOTE: Skubana pushes inventory out every 15 minutes, ensuring that Skubana and your Magento store will have matching inventory for the same product.