Core products are one of three product types in Skubana, the other two being bundles/kits and product variations. When adding products to Skubana, you can either create a product manually or import it by batch. To create a core product manually, follow the steps below.
1. On the Toolbar, click Products.
2. On the Products page, click New Product, then select Core Product.
3. On the New Core Product window, the Basic Info tab is open by default. Enter the required master SKU, name, and brand of the new product.
At the Special section at the bottom, check any of the boxes next to the attribute, if applicable.
You may enter the rest of the information asked, although these are optional.
4. Click the Gallery tab. Here, you have the option of uploading a product image by copying and pasting the image URL into the designated box and clicking Add.
NOTE: Skubana does not host images, but rather displays the images on your product pages by looking up the URLs in the Gallery tab. Thus, if the image URL becomes broken or the image is removed from the URL, Skubana will not be able to display an image of the product. If this happens, enter another valid image URL to again show an image on the product page.
Click New Listing SKU to open the Add Listing window, choose the associated Sales Channel, and enter the Listing SKU. You may also choose to check the Push Skubana inventory to this listing box.
NOTE: For more details on adding a listing SKU to a master SKU, see Connecting Listing SKUs to a Master SKU.
6. Skubana takes this matching process one step further and allows you to also match your Vendor SKUs. Click the Vendor Products tab and click New Vendor Product. In the New Vendor Product window, you'll see three sections: Product Details, Pricing Tiers, and Units of Measure.
Enter the vendor's name, the SKU the vendor associates with your new product, the Minimum Order Quantity from the vendor, and the product's Lead Time. If you've created multiple vendors for the same product, you can select whether the New Vendor Product you are creating is the default vendor for the product.
The Pricing Tiers box allows you to specify the cost of ordering different quantities of your New Product. Enter the Pricing Tiers for your orders from the vendor.
In the Units of Measure box, create your different order measures (or Units of Measure). Name the measure type (IE: crate, pallet, etc.) and specify the Unit Quantity (how many units of the product) as part of the measure type.
7. Click the Customs tab, which only requires information if you would like Skubana to pre-populate customs declarations for international and APO/FPO customs forms for this product. To pre-populate customs declarations, check the section labeled Include Customs Declaration.
8. Click Save.