To manually add product inventory to a stock location, follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the Inventory module.
2. Search for the SKU or product that you want to add more inventory to and click the row.
NOTE: For more info on searching within the Inventory module, see Searching Inventory.
3. In the Stock Details panel on the right side of the screen, you'll see the warehouse(s) where inventory is available for this product. Click the tab for the warehouse where you want to manually add inventory and then select a stock location from the Stock Breakdown section.
4. Click the Edit button and then select Add from the pop-up menu.
If you want to add stock to a new stock location, click the New Stock button instead and skip to step 6.
5. In the Add Stock window, enter the number of units being added, then click the Save button. You may also enter a note if you want to keep track of why these units were added.
Skip to step 9 to see an example of the stock edit history once units have been added.
6. Clicking the New Stock button in step 4 opens the New Stock window, where you can add the name of the new stock location, select or unselect the Pickable and Receivable checkboxes depending on whether this stock location should be pickable (orders will be picked from here) or receivable (purchase orders will be received here), and then enter a number of units in the On Hand field.
You may also specify a minimum level in the Min. Level field. If you do not wish to set a minimum level for this stock location, enter '0.'
NOTE: The minimum level is the least amount of units you always want on hand in this stock location.
7. Click the Continue button.
8. In the next window, determine the draw rank for the new stock location. The draw rank determines the order in which stock locations will be used to fulfill incoming orders. By default, the newly created stock location will be added to the bottom of this list but you can drag and drop these stock location to create a new draw rank order.
9. Click the Save button. In the Stock Details panel, if you are adding stock to an existing location, you will see the stock added to the stock location.
If you are adding stock to a new stock location, you will see the stock location added to the Stock Breakdown for the warehouse.