When a Purchase Order is created in Skubana, whether it was generated through an Auto P.O. or if you created it manually yourself, there are several statuses it will go through in your Purchase Order module. Let’s take a closer look at each one.
When a PO is first created it will come into this status. If you have more than one warehouse it will go into whichever is the destination warehouse that the PO was created for.
The PO will sit in this status until you or another authorized user goes in and physically authorizes the PO. Please note:
- If you manually created the PO, you can save & authorize since you are creating this from your own need and understanding of the stock. If this PO was created via Auto PO, then it is simply awaiting authorization, and all you would need to do is authorize this PO.
To see how the PO was created simply look in the “Created By” column. If you see that Skubana created the PO then it was generated automatically. If it was created manually it will show the name of the user who created it.
It will then move to the “Awaiting Confirmation” stage under whichever warehouse is the destination warehouse.
Please NOTE: Regardless of whether the P.O. was auto-generated by Skubana or manually created, we will continuously update the P.O. with system calculated items and quantities until it’s been authorized. Once authorized there will be no more automated changes to the P.O.
A PO in this status is waiting for the vendor/supplier or you to confirm all quantities and items in the PO. When you select a PO in this status you will be presented with several options:
- Print: this will provide you with a downloadable version of the Pro Forma, for all POs selected.
- Re-send: this will re-send the PO to your vendor, for all POs selected
- Cancel: this will cancel the PO(s) selected, and will send the PO(s) to the “canceled” sub-section in the left-hand navigation
- Confirm: select this option to confirm that your vendor received and acknowledges your PO, for all POs selected.
You also have the option to edit the PO on an item-by-item basis in the bottom half of the page. You can choose to add an item, edit an existing item or remove an item. If you perform any of this actions it will send the PO to the “Awaiting Re-Authorization” stage where it must be re-authorized and then confirmed at a later time.
All actions taken regarding the PO will be tracked and available to view in the “History” tab in the bottom right hand side of the window.
When you are ready to confirm the PO, select the PO and click “confirm”. You will be prompted with a new window. Click “Yes- Confirm PO”.
This will then move the PO to the “Pending Delivery” status, under whichever warehouse is the destination warehouse.
When a PO in this status it has been received and confirmed by your vendor and you are awaiting delivery of delivery of the shipment.
When you select a PO in this status you will be presented will several options:
- Print: this will provide you with a downloadable version of the Pro Forma or a sheet of the Pending Items, in bulk for all POs selected.
- Re-send: this will re-send the PO to your vendor, in bulk for all POs selected.
- Receive: this will accept the inventory into your warehouse, in bulk for the entire PO. When you select this option you will be prompted with a new window. Complete all the fields requested to properly document receiving of shipment. The fields are:
Fill in the fields in the top line “Apply To All” to apply to all items in the entire PO. You can also update information for each item in the PO individually in their own respective boxes.
Please NOTE: The “Update Inventory” option is by default NOT checked off for P.O.s to 3PLs because we assume a 3PL has their inventory auto updated by a FTP/API connection.
In the bottom half of the page you have the option to edit the PO on a line-by-line basis. You can add an item to the PO, edit an existing item, receive the item individually, void the item, or cancel the item.
If you choose to void an item, you will be prompted with a new window indicating that this item was unfulfilled by the vendor. Click “Yes- Void Item”.
If you choose to cancel an item, you will be prompted with a new window indicting this item will be marked as an error and not a fault of the vendors’. Click “Yes- Cancel Item”.
Depending on how you receive the PO, it will move into one of the remaining “closed” statuses.
A PO will move into this status if some items in the PO were delivered while others are still pending.
If all items in a PO were received, regardless of whether there was a line item cancellation, the PO will move into this status.
If there were any items in the PO that were voided while others were received, the PO will move into this status.
If all line items were voided, or the entire PO is voided, then the PO will move into this status.
If all line items were canceled, or the entire PO was canceled, the PO will move into this status.
Please NOTE: Any changes made to a P.O’s costs after it’s been fulfilled will not update on the analytical end.